Integration QA Steps: AMP
Steps to QA your integration of Chartbeat code on AMP pages.
Our Implementation Review lets Admin users view data snapshots from the latest full calendar day we have on hand.
Please note that a 5-10% difference between platforms is generally expected. If data is not coming through as expected, check out common issues in troubleshooting pageviews and unique discrepancies page
For details on general use of the dashboard please see our Implementation Review Introduction in our documentation
Once you're able to access the dashboard, here are some useful QA steps to ensure proper tracking:
- 1.Navigate to the Platform Audit Tab to view the Implementation Summary Table
- 2.Locate the "AMP" column and corresponding cell for the site and platform of interest
If there is a green checkmark in the corresponding cell, that means Chartbeat is receiving significant web traffic from the site at the time snapshot was taken.
- 1.Select a site and verify the timezone and snapshot date.
- 2.Summary table: reference Web pageviews breakdown to validate snapshot counts
- 3.Device breakdown by platform: section selects "AMP" as an option in the dropdown to see data on visitors viewing your site across unique device types.
If data in the Implementation Review snapshots are as expected, your site is implemented correctly for AMP. If more QA or troubleshooting is needed please continue with the additional QA steps below to assess your implementation.
Upon a successful Chartbeat integration with your AMP pages, a new AMP filter will appear in the left-hand side of your Real-Time Dashboard (screenshot below).
AMP filter in Real-Time Dashboard
Select the AMP filter in your Real-Time Dashboard to perform the following data QA checks:
- Page titles are populating as expected
- Hover over page titles in this list to view the canonical paths received from these pages. Alternatively, click into the article view and right-click the title to copy the link address
- Check for duplicate page entries in this list, and identify the discrepant paths being received from these pages to determine the fix in your configuration settings
- Open the section & author drop-down filters to ensure section & author data is populating as expected
You can use your browser's site inspector tools to monitor network activity from your site, filtering on "chartbeat" to view all chartbeat related scripts loading on the page, or on "ping?" to find requests to URLs beginning with ping.chartbeat.net.
Clicking into one of these ping requests to ping.chartbeat.net in DevTools will display a list of the included query string parameters in this call which contain data determined by the configuration variables in your code snippet. Below is a ping key that describes some of these QSP fields that are important to check for in your review.
Chartbeat video tracking for AMP pages is also unsupported at this time, as well as user subscriber status tracking.